WHO WE ARE
Since 1939, Sterilite products have made everyday life a little easier and a lot more organized. A family owned business, Sterilite is the largest plastic houseware manufacturing company in North America with seven plants totaling over 12 million square feet.
Sterilite Corporation was founded in 1939 as a partnership between Saul and Edward Stone and Earl Tupper. Before that time, the Stone brothers were engaged in the manufacturing of wooden heels for women's shoes. They formed the partnership to produce heels by the infant process of injection molding. The partnership was short-lived, however, because the plastic available then was not sufficiently heat resistant to withstand weight and stress in hot weather.
With the advent of World War II, they began manufacturing personal articles (plastic combs, toothbrush holders etc.) for the Armed Forces and in the years that followed, gained considerable expertise in manufacturing toys, plastic giftware, and a wide range of tabletop products, beverageware and household containers. During the 1960s the company developed a broad line of plastic housewares including innovative new products such as food storage bowls and a first generation storage bin.
In the decades that followed, Sterilite's growth has been driven by product innovation, product line expansion, and an unyielding commitment to serving the needs of our customers.