Frequently Asked Questions
We have listed below responses to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) we receive from consumers. Feel free to Contact us regarding questions or comments on topics not covered below.
Food Storage Containers
- Q: Are your food containers dishwasher safe?
- A: Our foodware products are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Q: Are Sterilite Food Storage products microwave safe?
- A: All of our food storage items are microwave safe. They are designed to reheat food in the microwave. Use caution when reheating food high in sugar or fat as they can cause damage to microwave safe containers. See microwave manufacturer's instructions for information regarding the use of microwave safe containers in your microwave.
- Q: How can I remove food stains or odor?
- A: Certain foods, especially those with a tomato base, tend to leave a stain on the plastic. Others such as garlic may leave a lingering odor. Should such a stain or food odor occur, try cleaning with a baking soda paste, then wash on the top rack of the dishwasher or wash by hand with liquid dish detergent and rinse thoroughly.
- Q: Are Sterilite Food Storage products BPA-free and phthalate-free?
- A: Yes, all Sterilite food storage and kitchen items are BPA-free and phthalate-free.