Summer is in full swing and that means long days soaking up the rays. Now is the time to take full advantage of the beautiful weather! With all the awesome outdoor activities that are available it is important to remember to keep cool and stay hydrated. With this in mind we are sharing two delicious summer drinks to help you beat the heat!
Strawberry, Lime, Cucumber and Mint Infusion
Talk about hitting a lot of flavors in one drink. This delicious drink only takes about ten minutes of prep time and makes half a gallon. See the instructions below on how to craft this sensational summer sipper.
What You Will Need:
Serving container (Sterilite 1 Gallon Pitcher
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup sliced cucumbers
2 limes, sliced
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Layer your sliced ingredients and ice at the bottom of your serving container.
- Fill the serving container with water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour and enjoy!
The nice part about this drink is that the ingredients will continue to add flavor to the water even after the first batch. Typically, the fruit will need to be changed after four fill ups, but if you prefer a stronger flavor it is suggested that you change the ingredients out more frequently.
Mango Lemonade Cooler
Take a look at this tropical twist on a summer staple. This mango lemonade recipe is quick, easy and guaranteed to cool you down in the hot August sun.
What You Will Need:
Serving container (Sterilite 1 Gallon Pitcher recommended)
3 cups of water (divided)
4 tablespoons of agave nectar
2 mangoes peeled and pureed (pre-sliced, pre-packaged mangoes will also work and lessen your prep time)
1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup of strawberries
- Melt the agave by placing it in a microwave safe bowl (we recommend using the Sterilite 20 Ounce Bowl) with one cup of water and heating in the microwave on high for 1 minute (or until it has melted). Let this mixture cool.
- In your serving container combine the agave mixture, the remaining water, lemon juice and mango puree.
- Stir thoroughly until mixed
- Serve over ice
This drink is the ideal concoction to deliver the cool refreshing sweetness you need to recharge after a day of soaking up the sun.
Don't let the warm weather get the best of you. Relax, unwind and enjoy one of these delicious drink recipes. For more awesome ideas and storage solutions be sure to find us on Facebook